Monday, December 21, 2009

Top 10 Moments in 2009 - #10 Canney Farm Groundbreaking

Back in October, the ground was broken on the Canney Farm Park. It was the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people, especially Brian Bond. Of course, even a ceremonial shovel turning ceremony would have some politics involved - Bond was not given a shovel nor was he in any of the pictures! All of the selectmen (except Jim O'Loughlin) were as was Rep. Garry and a few others. I think Victor Olson was even in them, I could be wrong but I seem to recall he was there.

Anyway, the park should be fully operational in 2011 as the ground needs a full season to settle. Great job to all involved - we cannot wait.

See my post from that day here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Bond didn't so much as get a shovel!!! What irony!!! Good guys finish last!